Friday, May 3, 2013

"Cooking" in PreK

It was time for a little "cooking" in PreK so I asked the Monday class to help me make a batch of playdoh.  I included the recipe here so you can see how simple it is to whip up some of your own at home.  Everyone had a chance to add ingredients like oil, flour, salt, or water.  After all ingredients were int he pan I asked everyone to make some space so they could all be safe.  Taking about burns and scars was a big part of cooking and the class is aware of the dangers of hot stoves and pans.  As I stirred there were thoughtful observations from everyone about how the water and dry ingredients mixed.  They thought it looked like snow and a blue river.  The end result was squishy, soft dough that they made into cupcakes, cookies, and cakes for me.  What a delicious day!

Trains and tracks were a favorite activity this week too.  Chugga-chugga-choo-choo!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The GHCC blog! Thank you for your comment, if you have any questions about our program, see our ABOUT page for more information.