Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When I grow up.....



Our class celebrates each birthday and milestone, and looks forward to 'growing up'. We did a unit on professions and careers, and the children enjoyed dreaming about their futures. When I posed the question, 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' their answers were a little surprising, but their reasoning was quite sound. Some students aspired to be like a family member, while others were influenced by books I read. Did you know that Eric Carle, a prolific children's author, apprenticed to be a plasterer, like his Uncle Adam? The sky is the limit with this group of children!


I hope you’ve been following our blog all year as this format gives you a snapshot into the daily activities your child participated in.

The children have learned about friendship, kindness and respect. They enter the classroom with anticipation and energy, and I have thoroughly enjoyed being their teacher this year.

Wherever your next journey leads, whether to a new school, Pre-k or back to my classroom in the Fall, I wish you and your family the best. Good bye, so long, farewell... pip, pip cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The GHCC blog! Thank you for your comment, if you have any questions about our program, see our ABOUT page for more information.